New for 2017, Florida DrupalCamp is proud to announce full-day training workshops on Friday, February 17, 2017! Each of these workshops is included in the price of the camp admission and taught by a world-class instructor. Space for these workshops is extremely limited, so please only register if you are 100% positive that you'll be able to attend.
Registration for these workshops is available when you register for the camp. Questions? Contact us.
This full day course covers the basics of Drupal 8 from a non-code, site-builder perspective. The goals of this working include giving you the information you need to decide if Drupal is right for you, and teaching you all the steps to installing, getting up to speed, and learning the basics you need to know.
This training class will provide a foundation for implementing a development environment using Docker to build a development stack for Drupal projects. In this class you will learn the following:
- How to start constructing a development stack using publicly available “official” Docker containers
- How to modify the “official” container configuration to meet the specific needs of your project (i.e, write Dockerfiles to create a custom container)
- How to deploy customized containers to Docker Hub
- How to manage your development stack using Docker Compose
- How to integrate containers in your stack on as “as needed” basis
- How to utilize your container stack to execute tests using Travis
When you leave this class, you should be armed with the foundational knowledge to begin implementing Docker into your development workflow.
This class is targeted at developers with a working knowledge of application configuration in a server environment (how to install packages with a package manager such as apt or rpm ), knowledge of bash shell scripting, and a general understanding of component architecture.
Ben will offer a half-day one-on-one question and answer session for those seeking information about using Linux along with DrupalVM.
A Drupal website can look pretty ordinary out-of-the box, but the look and feel of Drupal is actually really flexible. In this course, you'll learn how to build a theme to customize the look and feel of your Drupal site.
You'll come away from the course with knowledge of:
- Developing a custom theme
- Customizing your theme's regions
- Adding CSS to your theme
- Overriding templates
- Twig syntax
- Drupal 8 core themes