Federated Search with Drupal, SOLR, and React
With the announcement that the Google Search Appliance was End of Life, many universities started looking around for replacement options. At Palantir, we wanted to provide an open source option that could solve the following needs:
- A simple way to store, retrieve, and parse content.
- A cross-platform search application.
- A speedy, usable, responsive front-end.
- A flexible, extensible, reusable model.
- A drop-in replacement for deprecated Google Products
Working with the University of Michigan, we architected and developed a solution. You can read more about it at https://www.palantir.net/blog/introducing-federated-search and come to our session for a live demo.