Drag and Drop Content Management in Drupal
Presenters: Chris O'Donnell and Aaron Couch
By combining design systems with Layout Builder and Drupal features such as blocks we can deliver a "Wix" like drag and drop experience to site builders tasked with managing Drupal 8/9 websites.
In this session attendees will learn:
- How to integrate design systems with Drupal
- How to combine component libraries with Drupal Blocks and Layout Builder
- How to use Emulsify to manage your component library for the website
- How to leverage prebuilt built components on other websites
- How this approach builds on Drupal's inherent flexibility
Non-technical attendees will learn how this approach increases agility while decreasing costs by enabling reuse of previously completed work.
Chris launched his first website on New Year’s Eve 1995. It is still online (and even occasionally updated), making it one of the oldest personal websites on the Internet. He turned his HTML hobby into a job with a web design firm early in 1996, and after detours into hardware, web hosting, SAAS accounting software and content syndication he made his back to the web development community in 2013. After a year working with the open-source eZ-Publish CMS he joined a Drupal focused shop in 2014 as a Digital Strategist. Today, he is a Digital Strategist with Promet Source, working with current and potential clients to understand how Drupal can solve their most pressing business challenges. Chris is also a D8 certified Site Builder.