Insanely fast mobile, offline-first, interactive sites with Svelte, Sapper, and Drupal
If you find GatsbyJS, ReactJS, Angular, NextJS/NuxtJS, REST & GraphQL interesting then this talk is for you. We will learn how to marry 3 wonderful platforms to build insanely fast, offline-first, mobile-friendly, interactive Single Page Applications (SPA) / web sites.
- Drupal is great as a CMS, and even better as a headless/decoupled CMS.
- Sapper is a client- as well as server-side framework that lets you create high performance websites that can fetch content or data from RESTful backends and render them either client-side or server-side with Svelte. And blurs the line between the client and the server by rendering either on client or server.
The end result is a website that is SEO friendly, fast, content rich, and interactive.
- Content rich and easy to manage because is Drupal!
- Fast performance due to Sapper's prefetching and Svelte's SSR (server-side rendering)
- SEO ready due to server-side rendering (SSR)
- Mobile ready and offline-first due to Sapper's service worker.