20% of Global searches is Voice-based and by 2020; this number will increase to 50%. If that does not bother a content creator or marketer! I am not sure what will!
Search is changing, and so is the way consumers choose to engage with businesses locally or globally. There is a distinct move away from screens and keyboards, and into voice-based interactions. Voice search is becoming a fast-growing habit across consumer segments and fundamentally transforming how people and businesses transact on the internet.
- According to Technavio, the voice recognition market will be a massive $601 million industry by 2019.
- Christmas 2017, the Amazon Echo Dot was the best-selling holiday gift
Here are some key takeaways:
- Why a voice content strategy is critical for enterprises
- How and Why to make your content future proof
- The differences between voice-based and web-based content, and how that affects the user experience
- The basics of optimizing your content for voice search
- Why bots should be your next strategic investment
- Implementation of Speakable schema and how that works.
- A quick view of the schemas important for the VSO
- Example of sites ranking in the Voice
Video of my talks on the same topic