A Friendly Introduction to Containers, VMs and Docker
If you’re a Techie, possibility is you’ve at least heard of Docker. It's a helpful tool for packing, shipping, and running applications within “containers.”
It’d be hard not to, with all the attention it’s getting these days — from developers and system admins alike.
Regardless of whether or not you have an immediate use-case in mind for Docker, I still think
it’s important to understand some of the fundamental concepts around what a “container” is and how it compares to a Virtual Machine (VM).
We would like to focus on below highlights in this session:
- What are containers and VMs?
- Unpacking the jargon Virtual machines and hypervisor
- Containers and how it is different from VMs
- Say hello to Docker
- Fundamental Docker Concepts: [ Docker Engines, Client, Daemon, Dockerfile, Image, Union File Systems, Volumes, Docker Containers
- Unpacking Containers: Namespaces, Control groups, Isolated Union file system
- The future of Docker and VMs
Attendees will get knowledge to learn more about Docker and maybe even use it in a project one day.
I am an Software Engineer, Open source contributor who focus on creative ways to build products that matter. Articulate and innovative, with a demonstrated capability to solve complex business problems.
Passionate about Open source platforms that are transforming the way we live, work and function.
Outside of my work circle, I am active Drupaler in Drupal Community who organize and Speak in DrupalCon, meetups, code sprint, Hackathons and Camps in India, Philippines with diverse communities.
I have many hobbies which evolved with time. Some of them are Climbing, Scuba Diving, Spirituality, learning culture, Reading books, Travelling, Helping needy people, learning different languages, coloring books, Running marathon.