If you want to see how other people uses Drupal 8, for sure this is a session you'll want to see! During the first year of the Core 8 release, Evolving Web has been working on multiple "moving to D8" projects all across North America.
On this session, I will present a couple of projects we worked on and launched in the second half of 2016: CRN & CARTaGENE respective Websites Redesign.
I will focus on the overall approach and how we managed to solve each interesting project issue on top of different techniques and after a lot of brainstorming and discussion.
Both projects were kind of similar. Some of the common aspects among both, and I will dedicate most of my time to talk about, were:
- Project Management (Team size, Sprints, management tools...)
- Content Architecture approach (References, Inline Entity Form...)
- Dev, Demos & Staging Environments (Docker)
- Site building process (Configuration Management Workflow, Modules, and team sync)
- Theming (Bootstrap, SASS, TWIIIIIIIIIIIG :) )
Some different aspect between both that I will talk too (features in one but not on the other):
- Data Import process.
- Content management with the clients working live on a staging site while developing.
See you in New Jersey!