Test Driven Development in Real Life
Development & Performance
This session will
- Talk about the benefits and risks of using Behat Tests in your day to day Drupal development practices.
- Walk through setting up Behat Tests, from scratch, as a live demo. A breakdown of how to really get started
- What it means to embrace true Test Driven Development.
- Examples of thorough test suites for complex web applications built in Drupal.
- Demonstration of the new DevShop Behat Extension which simplifies setup and adds helpful steps, and the DevShop Composer Template which includes it for a working, testable, composer based Drupal build out of the box.
- How to create Pull-Request generated environments and run Behat tests automatically using open source DevShop.
A variations of this session was given at Cornell DrupalCamp, it can be watched here: https://camp.drupal.cornell.edu/sessions/get-behat-tests-bandwagon