Building a Virtual Conference for 100,000 attendees in 10 weeks, using Drupal + Vue
In this session we will cover:
- Why Vue.js and how it helped with performance and privacy
- Utilizing Drupal to overcome 3rd party API shortcomings
- Performance measurements, scalability
- Coordinating with multiple vendors on tight deadlines
- Managing 4 internal teams
- Implementing Risks and Decision Log
Palantir.net had a 10-week timeline to design and build their online conference platform from scratch. The client assembled a team of top-tier vendors and partners, with Palantir as the technical lead. Our role was to:
- Implement a Drupal 9-centric solution that would sit nicely with their existing technology stack, leveraging style guide elements and enhancing their web marketing infrastructure.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for the best third-party technology solutions for video streaming, one-on-one session management, feedback systems, sponsorship systems, and community and connection platforms.
- Translate custom visual design provided by the client’s design partner into a style guide and then implement it on the live site
- Coordinating and collaborating with a large team of partners and vendors on a tight timeline, developing a solution that could easily handle traffic from more than 100,000 attendees during the event.