Web Performance Clinic
We all know that your website’s performance is critical to the success of its mission. Conversion rates are proven to plummet if with every second of page load time.
What can we do about this? Why is the web still slow in 2018?
In this session, we’re going deep into modern web performance, and you will learn how to identify and fix performance bottlenecks in your website / webapp through topics such as:
- Web performance metrics you should be measuring and how. Which are the most important?
- How do I optimize my site for each of these web performance metrics
- How browsers render web pages, and how to use this knowledge to optimize the loading experience.
- What is the critical path? How do I account for this?
- Identifying, profiling, and optimizing for third party scripts.
Mike Herchel is a senior front-end developer at Lullabot. He has been creating websites since 2001, and developing with Drupal since 2007. He is one of the lead organizers of Florida Drupalcamp, and is always willing to advocate for the Drupal and free open source communities He’s also a host of the Lullabot podcast, which is a bi-weekly podcast on Drupal, design, and web development.