Becoming a better speaker
Have you considered presenting at an Open-Source Camp but thought you didn’t know enough or felt like an imposter? Do you not know what to do with your hands? Do you want tips for dealing with questions from the audience? This session is geared to new speakers and more experienced speakers who would like more tips and tricks.
***You do NOT have to have any experience in public speaking. This workshop is for all levels of experience.
This presentation is for you if:
- You are new to public speaking or you have done it before and would like more tips and tricks.
- Why speak at Open-Source events?
- Dispelling some myths about speakers/speaking
- Becoming a Better Speaker Dos and Don'ts
- Common Speaker Mistakes
- How to practice
- Handling the Q&A
- Practice giving a short talk
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Feel more confident in public speaking
- Understand that feeling like an imposter is normal
- Understand how to handle questions from the audience during the talk and the Q&A section after
- Have techniques to practice speaking
- Have techniques to handle nerves
AmyJune is a Support Admin and Community Ambassador for Kanopi Studios. She has been an active participant in the Drupal community for almost 3 years by contributing to projects and helping with documentation. She actively organizes the A11yTalks meet-up and is passionate about accessible information for all. Along with awareness, there is acceptance and action...
Other Gems and Oddities include but aren't limited to:
• She is the youngest of five sisters and has survived, proving she is either good at communicating or at talking herself out of deadly situations.
• She eats with her elbows on the table.
• She hates green beans, cantaloupe, and IPA.