Lullabot is seeking a full-time Technical Project Manager who will thrive as part of the innovative and supportive Client Services team. We are looking for someone who has a combination of technical acumen and the ability to lead teams, make decisions, and get things done. Someone technical enough to understand the intricacies of large-scale Drupal web projects, but also someone that can see the big picture, translating business goals into requirements, specs into estimates and tickets, and talented individuals into teams.
Successful candidates will have experience managing enterprise web projects. They should be highly organized and able to have frank yet friendly conversations about scope, deadlines and deliverables. They'll be able to manage themselves in a 100% remote-work environment and possess excellent communication habits in order to work well with other team members and clients. Equally important is that this individual will aspire to embody our Core Values:
- Inspire & Empower - share what you know and attempt to make those around you better than yourself.
- Be Human - strive to be honest, humane, friendly, caring, and humble.
- Kick Ass - be awesome and do work that you can be proud of.
- Invent & Innovate - seek out new possibilities and solutions to create success.
- Collaborate Openly - work as a team with sharing and trust to accomplish more.
- Have Fun - focus on the positive and downplay competition and negativism.
Lullabot is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to be a place where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel safe while doing so. We not only believe this is a core part of our Be Human value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!
- Writing requirements as specifications, user stories, or tickets
- Managing scope, deliverables, schedules, and team resources for client and internal projects
- Acting as client liaison for project team members and Lullabot
- Scheduling and leading periodic sprint reviews and planning meetings
- Leading check-in calls for each project
- Tending the ticket queue and managing task lists
- Setting priorities, expectations, and communicating with clients around project needs and task progress
- Meeting and communicating with clients
- Performing rigorous testing and verification
- Keeping projects on track and moving forward
- Accountability for a combination of responsibilities related to one or two projects, that may have separate sites and/or be owned by different clients
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Helping to write and assemble new project proposals and statements of work
- Estimating and assisting on staffing projects
- Pursuing and growing development partnerships
- Coordinating project launches
We're Looking For
- Experience managing or participating on large-scale Drupal projects
- Experience managing projects in ticketing systems such as Github, Notion, or JIRA
- Understand code promotion workflows, version control, and development best practices
- Be a great communicator with good writing skills
- Be comfortable managing and organizing remote virtual teams
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
- Positive and encouraging attitude toward assigned work and co-workers
- Has a professional, collaborative, and proactive approach to people and problems
- The ability to use the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, and honesty
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Self-directed: able to work independently and within a virtual team, and consistently manage your own time and tasks
- A desire for a healthy work/life balance: though additional work may sometimes be necessary, we plan for a 40 hour work week
- Experience as a front-end or Drupal developer is a huge plus
- An active member of an open-source web community
- Worked with large teams, 5+ people, on large projects from start to finish
If you're a developer who's shown a strong talent for organizing teams, gets irritated when the ticket backlog isn't complete and well-organized, or who finds themselves frequently in the primary communication role and is not afraid of spreadsheets or Gantt charts, please consider applying. We've found that some of the most successful PMs are those people who thoroughly understand and have done the work involved.
- Two or more years enterprise-level project management experience or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology management or a related field is useful and a PMP certification or similar is welcome. We are open to strong candidates with a proven track record of project management whatever the background.
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for client on-sites and company events. Travel will be limited initially due to Covid-19 considerations.
- We are looking for a full-time (40 hours per week), U.S.- or Canada-based employee. Must be legally eligible to work in one of these locations and overlap 4 hours of your schedule to typical US work time zones (8 am ET to 6 pm PT). Specific hours may vary based on client needs.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system using the Apply For This Job button. This position is open until filled.
Starting Salary Range: $75,000-100,000 USD annually, pay will be commensurate with experience.
Chances are good that working for Lullabot will be like nothing you've ever done before. Lullabot has been a leader in Drupal web development since our founding in 2006. We’re a distributed company without a central office, and our team is spread out across the U.S., Canada, South America, and Europe. We are masters of communication and our tightly-knit team works very closely despite geographical separation. In fact, most new employees say they feel more connected to their co-workers at Lullabot than they ever did at a conventional co-located company.
Lullabot is a 100% employee-owned ESOP, and the majority of our team are full-time employee-owners. We provide a great benefits package including health, vision, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan; a generous tech stipend for employees to purchase computers, cell phones, or other work-related expenses; and an annual professional development budget. We offer new employees 15 paid-days-off per year, 20 paid-days-off per year after your two-year anniversary, and 25 paid-days-off after your seven-year anniversary. In addition, we offer a four-week paid Sabbatical once an employee hits 10 years with Lullabot. (Plus holidays!) And did we mention there's no commute? Your time is flexible as well, so if you need to take a break to pick the kids up from school, it's not a problem.
We have flexible hours, but we tend to schedule meetings during the North American workday and expect employees to be online and available during most of this time. Self-direction, an approachable and confident attitude, and a focus on quality over quantity are some of the things we look for. We work from both the head and the heart and guide our decisions by our Core Values.
Lullabot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Our EEO policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
One more thing...
We strive to be transparent about our timeline and welcome you to reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to touch base on your application at any time. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.