ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Support Project Manager, your typical day may include:
- Working with developers to understand technical concepts, and translating those concepts into layman’s terms for our clients.
- Overseeing multiple clients and projects, and the Kanopi developers and UX/UI resources that support them
- Leading the onboarding of existing accounts transitioning from build, and the kickoff of new accounts joining support
- Understanding a client’s business needs and being able to clearly convey those to Kanopi team members
- Facilitating regular meetings with clients; articulating next steps, demonstrating new features and functionality, and proactively identifying needs
- Curating a backlog of work for each project; ensuring project teams have the clear information they need, working with clients to fill in any gaps, and prioritizing as needed
- Identifying and sharing potential larger projects with the Management team or strategically determining when a larger initiative would be beneficial for the account
- Personally handling "quick win" WordPress or Drupal site configurations and content entry prior to escalating to the development team.
- Critically evaluating tasks to ensure the ask is the right solution
- Expediting urgent requests or needs, and prioritizing work accordingly
- Carefully monitoring budgets and timelines to ensure tasks are completed on-budget, and on-time; keeping clients and Kanopi management in the know by reporting with hours and progress updates on a regular basis
- Working with clients and project teams to remove barriers to completing work
- Explaining complex technical concepts to clients using clear non-technical language
- Forecasting and resourcing appropriate Kanopi team members based on a project’s needs; including front-end/back-end developers, UX strategists, and designers
- Gaining a deep understanding of the clients’ web properties you manage to anticipate and recommend appropriate needs to clients
- Reviewing completed work (designs, documents, development work) to ensure a standard or quality before clients review
- Demonstrating good time management skills to stay on top of your workload and the team members’ you are managing
- Learning to sense impending burnout in developers and yourself, and proactively prevent this
- Knowing when to push back on behalf of Kanopi’s best interests, and when to escalate situations to the attention of Management
- Maintaining a calm demeanor when in stressful or high-pressure situations
- Assisting in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have agency Project Management experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress
- Have experience troubleshooting bugs, working with site configurations, and understand key features and functionality within Drupal and WordPress
- Have experience managing a web build project throughout its full life cycle
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams
- Have experience forecasting development project resources
- Understand core aspects of managing content within Drupal and WordPress
- Have used ticketing systems to outline, prioritize, and queue work for development teams
- Can demonstrate an ability to set priorities and communicate changes to both the development team and account manager
- Can work well under pressure within a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Have the ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Have a passion for the web, for open source development, and for working with a bunch of fun, humorous people
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess an awareness of best practices with respect to performance, configuration, and development
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.